People love a reason to celebrate! So, why not give your guests reasons to attend. Summer is the busiest season for weddings, we all know that, however, choosing your wedding to fall on the Fourth of July may save you money, give you more options for venues (since most businesses are closed to the public), and you get a free firework show.
There are things to consider when planning a wedding during the Fourth of July. Travel arrangements will be more expensive during a holiday and traffic will be heavier than normal. The Fourth of July is a very patriotic holiday and some people may have set vacations during that time.
When designing your special day, of course your color scheme has to be red, white, and blue! No, we are kidding! Nautical themes and navy and white would tie into the Independence Day celebration but it is YOUR wedding – go for whatever colors you want, it’s the American way.
If you do want to go with patriotic colors, here are some fun ways you can incorporate them into your décor:
- Flag favors
- Blue and white checkered napkins at one of the desert tables or bar
- American flag photo booth back-drop
- Add red and blue fruit to your cake (strawberries and blueberries)
- Choose floral arrangements that match the theme
- Serve desert with a candle sparkler
- Serve a themed barbecue menu
(photography credit: Rafa Cruz Photography | Real Weddings by Perfect Planning Events)