Real Weddings by Perfect Planning Events | Paired Images now Jessica Latos Photography
Weddings bring out so many sentimental moments that can be remembered for a lifetime. The father-daughter dance is one of them. Having the perfect song and routine that either makes people cry or laugh is always a nice touch to the occasion. In order for that to happen, there are many things to consider when choosing the perfect song for your father-daughter dance. One of those being, can your father dance?
There are dads that dance at parties and do a consistent two-step and twirl their partner round and around. Then there are dads that bring back some pretty funky dance steps that people may or may not have used to do back in his day. Then you have those dads that do a foot tap and leg pat, seated at the table. Then there is a small population of dads that actually can dance.
The key is to know which category your father falls into. That will help you determine which song to pick and if there should be a structured routine or a relaxed routine.
It may be best to choose a song and routine that is not what your guests would expect. For example, if no one has ever seen your dad dance and you start with a two-step number and then break out into a full dance routine like Beyoncé; that will leave an impression on your guests. Check out this YouTube video to see what we mean.
Make sure to keep some things in mind that will help you when picking a song.
- A song that describes you and your father’s relationship
- Your dad’s favorite song
- A song that your dad played for you when you were a kid over…and over… and over again
- If your dad has passed, dedicating a song to him
- Have you thought about allowing your father to be responsible for the father daughter dance? It might mean a lot to him to let him have a share in this special occasion.
After considering all of these things, you still may not have song choice narrowed down. So, here is a compiled list of some of the most favorited father-daughter dance songs.
- “A Song for My Daughter” by Ray Allaire
- “Always Be Your Baby” by Natalie Grant
- “Daddy” by Beyoncé
- “Daddy’s Little Girl” Michael Bublé
- “Forever” by The Beach Boys
- “God Gave Me You” by Blake Shelton
- “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder
- “My Girl” by The Temptations
- “My Little Girl” by Tim McGraw
- “She’s Leaving Home” by The Beatles
- “Today I Give My Daughter Away” by Dale Watson & His Lone Stars
- “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
- “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler
- “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
- “You Are My Sunshine” by Johnny Cash
(note: all pictures featured in this article are real weddings by Perfect Planning Events and their photographer partners)