We’re continuing the last of our two-part series on “6 Body Transformation Fitness Tips for Wedding Couples”. Our first part of the series focused on the female body composition. Part two focuses on the male body composition; tips to help transform the them into a healthy and well-dressed gentleman for the big day. From proportionately moderate to the accentuated shoulder and smaller waist, to proportionately tighter and all the way round, we have the best tips to get you in shape for one of the most important occasions of your life.
Guest Blogger, Walter Lewis, of Walter Lewis Fit Solutions, LLC, will provide you with effective techniques to get you tight and right!
6 Toning Fitness Tips for Men
- Perform High Intense Cardio: This helps you preserve muscle and burn fat.
- Perform High Intense Resistance Training: This helps you build muscle and burn fat.
- Perform 4 to 5 sets of resistance training routine: You must challenge your muscles to see a change.
- Stay hydrated by drinking 64 ounces of water: This helps cleanse your body and flatten your stomach.
- Consume green leafy veggies: They contain vitamins and minerals that will keep you healthy and full of energy.
- Be consistent in following an exercise routine for at least 6 weeks to see results.
6 Best Exercises for Men
- Push-ups: Helps tone shoulders, chest, and arms.
- Captains Chair or Hanging Leg Raise: Helps tone lower abs.
- Ab Roller: Helps tone shoulders, upper abs, middle abs, and lower abs.
- Interval Sprints: Helps shed body fat and preserve muscle.
- Pull-ups: Helps tone the back.
- Jogging: Helps you lose weight.
6 Worst Foods to Avoid for Men
- Beer: In general, a beer belly is associated with a stomach that protrudes out and over your pants. Beer is a potent fat accumulating drink. It’s high in sugar and calories that cause fat. Instead of a beer, opt for a non-carbonated drink such as Ice Tea. Or just drink water.
- Donuts/Pastries: These treats or desserts are high in sugar and calories. Plus they have no nutritional value. Opt for fresh fruit with protein such as 100 calorie pack almonds or boiled eggs.
- Soda: This is another drink high in sugar that causes belly fat. Opt for a low carbonated drink like Unsweetened Ice Tea.
- Processed Meat: Processed meats such as sausage, ham, hot dogs and bacon increases your risk of dying young. Processed meat has been linked to cardiovascular disease and cancer. These meats are also very high in fat which causes obesity. Opt for meats such as turkey bacon, turkey sausage, egg whites, and grilled chicken.
- Whole Milk: Whole milk is high in fat and calories. Just like soda and alcohol, it will cause stomach fat. Try skim or 1% milk.
- Fast Food: Whoppers, Big Macs, Pizza, Cheese steak subs are very fattening, and will sabotage your efforts to lose your gut. If you are at a fast food restaurant, try a healthier alternative on the menu such as a grilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat bun and house salad (use clear dressing such as balsamic vinaigrette).
6 Best Nutritional Tips for Men
- Stay hydrated; by drinking 64 ounces of water: This helps cleanse your body and flatten your stomach.
- Increase protein intake: Eat 1 gram of protein per pound of body-weight desired. For example, if your goal is to weigh 200 lbs, you should take in 200 grams of protein per day. Protein helps you build lean muscle. Protein includes foods like grilled chicken, fish, and turkey.
- Make sure you increase your green leafy vegetable intake: They are low in calories and full of energy boosting vitamins and minerals.
- Don’t skip meals: It slows down your metabolism. However, don’t make unhealthy choices for those meals you do eat.
- Eat fresh fruit: Helps improve your energy. Include fruits such as watermelon to improve prostate health.
- Read food labels: It is easy to eat portion sizes bigger than necessary or eat food that are highly processed. This is why reading food labels is a must if you want to avoid sabotaging your efforts in eating right and gaining fat.